Monday, June 14, 2010

Birth

On Thursday the 3rd of June I finally had a show and started slight contractions, at 41 weeks along:) I called DH who came home form work, called my Mum who was sent home form work (lol) and called my midwife.

DH arrived home and we set about having a quick tidy up, and made sure all the towels were washed (and we did use all of them!). We finally got to put the birth pool togther as well. I then made muffins, and beef stew, as I still felt the need to have something to do:)

My midwife checked in with me over the phone, and said that it still sounded like ealry days, and to make sure that we all got as much rest as possible. My Mum arrived and took over watching DS 21 months for us, and made my go have a nap. I managed a little bit of sleep, but the contractions were starting to get a bit stronger later in the day.

That night I actually slept in the bath for a while as this made sleeping through the contractions a bit easier.

TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment